Once reserved for holding your clothes in place, the humble zipper has had a makeover – it’s now a feature in its own right. The same goes for buttons, chains, collars and even heels. This season every girl worth her weight in gold silver brass chrome is sporting metallic accents from tip to toe.
Chunky metallic belts, delicate chains braided through a messy bun. Fingers loaded up with rings, and arms carrying around a weight of bangles. The best part about this trend? You can ramp it up or tone it down as you please. For the office keep your bling subtle with just a metallic hint, once you break free from that desk let loose and load up on accessories; rings, anklets, maybe even a metallic clutch.
For Siren, it means leather offset with delicate chains, or chunky statement metals. Pair our metallic flats with ripped jeans or denim cutoffs for a casual spring look, or step it up in our mirrored metallic heels; team with boyfriend jeans or spray on leather pants. For a night out with the girls try these timeless black stilettos with a metallic twist, pair with a leather skirt if you’re feeling flirty or play it safe with a LBD.
Hey sexy lady.
A few dos and don’ts for rocking the metallic trend:
- Don’t be afraid to mix metals- silver, gold and bronze can look good together.
- Do look after your metal. A quick shine before you leave the house is all it takes.
- Don’t let your metal weigh you down. Opt for lighter materials that are comfortable to wear.
- Do limit your metal to accents. Full body armour is not practical.
- Don’t try to pass off sequins as metallic accents. They will have their own time.
- Do be careful of delicate fabrics. Studs have a nasty habit of catching on knitwear.
- Don’t stand near any magnets.
- Do avoid airport security gates.