We’re busy girls.
And as busy girls, it can be hard to keep your finger on the pulse.
There’s just not enough time to see all the runway shows, read all the blogs, buy all the magazines and follow all the Instagrams.
But don’t worry, babe, we’ve come up with a quick list of the latest what’s hot and what’s not to get you up to speed with the season.
This way you can spend more time shopping.
- The shirt of the season is the polo. Wear it tucked in or out, or for something different try it as a dress.
- Brunettes are on the rise. Just ask mega babes Cara Delevingne and Chloë Sevigny who have swapped their golden locks for darker tones. Now it really is a battle of who has more fun.
- Round is the shape you should be looking for when buying your next pair of shades. Most flattering on those with square or heart shaped faces.
- Julie Andrews once sang “packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favourite things”. Well this season, those favourite things tied up with strings are shoes. Try the tied-up style with Enice (pictured above), Tara, Calista, or Kara.
- Back in popularity is the school style braid. Have it slightly one sided so it can rest on your shoulder to help shape your face.
- Abandon the cropped jacket, this season we are all about maxi coats. It will keep your body warm, while placing emphasis on your feet so you can show off those strappy heels, like Kara in Nude.
- Reading is the sexiest thing you can do for your mind. Whether it’s a magazine, a book or tablet – get your head buried in a book, girl.
- It-girls, Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevingne, are bringing back the brow in a big way. Emphasize yours with an eyebrow pencil or light brown eyeshadow and some lip balm.
- Maxi skirts with a split are the next pick on the runways. It’s a classy way to show off some skin and show off your new shoes like Tara in Black Suede.
- Skinny jeans are a wardrobe favourite, but this season the pulse is on flared jeans. An extremely flattering cut, you can find them in a range of styles, with some dramatic and not-so-dramatic styles so there’s no excuse not to find yourself a pair. Pick out a more subtle strappy heel, like Calista in Seashell Suede.
- If you’re after colour, why not use your lips? A quick dose of lipstick is the easiest way to brighten and dress up your look.
- Patchwork was well and truly alive during New York Fashion Week. A bold trend, it’s a great way to add some texture to your outfit, so look for things like coats, tunic dresses and denim.